FREDDY REPLACEMENT - You must have installed SRAM MODULE first !!!
- Creates OSC clock (3,5X MHz) for GTIA (CLK_IN /4)
- PAL/NTSC independant
- Gnerates inverted CLK_O for some motherboard revisions
- CAS_IN for SRAM MODULE CONNECTOR ONLY
STEP BY STEP:
- swap FREDDIE CHIP with replacement
- connect 2 wires to SRAM: CI and EXT
- after power_on, clk_led shall be constant on - it means we have nice square clock signal :-)
owners of VBXE upgrade do NOT NEED FREDDY REPLACEMENT.
- FIT SRAM REPLACEMENT
- DESOLDER FREDDY
- FIT VBXE
- Connect VBXE J6 pin 1 (3.5MHZ) to OSC signal, available:
- at HOLE in PCB after FREDDY PIN 37 or...
- LS74 pin 3 or...
- GTIA pin 28