Internal accelarator for 8bit ATARI XE series.
- internal CPU turbo card for Atari XE,
- WDC 65C816 microprocessor operating at 20 MHz!!!
- managed by Xilinx Spartan6 FPGA and XC95XL CPLD devices,
- 1024kb of zero waitstate SRAM,
- up to 30.5MB of storage ram - SDRAM clocked at 160 MHz!!!
- 512kB of Flash memory (256kB is reserved for FPGa cores, 256kB for OS and New Device handler)
- 256b of EEPROM,
- high speed bus connector for external I/O interfaces, DMA support,
- working modes, fully software controlled - on screen bios menu, accesible by pressing INV ( and hold) + RESET
- low power consumption due to DC/DC converters, no extra power supply required
- simple installation: put Rapidus board in place of old 6502C and just solder 3 wires, or use an Adaptus board - this depends on the model of your computer. In this case you don’t have to solder any wires.
RAPIDUS UPGRADE may be very problematic with ULTIMATE 1MB upgrade or VBXE....
but.... i have observed that majority of problems are gone,when You replace orginal DRAM
with SRAM MODULE
- RAPIDUS board
- 3pin molex connector
- in XE You will need extra 4-5 precision dip sockets to buid the socket tower to lift RAPIDUS pcb over cart SLOT. NOT SUPPLIED by me
- If you are not familiar with soldering or you do not have proper tools, please LET a pro technician do it for you or send me your ATARI BOARD for installation. Contact me to arrange installation.
- Please remeber - wrong tools usage or low skills may damage atari and ultimate; any damage/harm to your hardware is NOT subject of any kind of warranty.
- Installation is easy, but unexperienced hands can do a lot of damage. Please, do not ask me questions WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG WITH INSTALLATION - answer will be always the same - I DO NOT KNOW
- on some ataris below patch has to be applied
- O2 signal pull down - in case, when Your rapidus have problems with core loading (progress bar stops), please, make another patch: solder 3kOhm resistor between 74LS08 pin 1 (o2) and pin 7 (Gnd)