AKI - A tari - K eyboard - I nterface
Interface plugged between POKEY CHIP and ATARI motherboard, that allows connecting PS2 keyboard.
Project based on:
- DARKAKI by DarkDK © 2008 (hardware and software)
- AKI 1.1 by André Bertram
- XAKI 1.03-1.05 by DarkDK for StereoAKI by Pajero.
- AKI pcb upgrade white
- PS2 socket
- If you are not familiar with soldering or you do not have proper tools, please LET a pro technician do it for you or send me your ATARI BOARD for installation. Upgrade installation cost is 10€ only. Contact me to arrange installation.
- Please remeber - wrong tools usage or low skills may damage atari and ultimate; any damage/harm to your hardware is NOT subject of any kind of warranty.
- Installation is easy, but unexperienced hands can do a lot of damage. Please, do not ask me questions WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG WITH INSTALLATION - answer will be always the same - I DO NOT KNOW
Step by step:
- desolder/remove pokey
- insert AKI
- insert POKEY BACK
- make connection of 4 wires to pcb ( START, SELECT,OPTION, RESET)
- drill a hole in atari case, fit PS2 sockect and connect to AKI PCB 4 wires (PICTURE)
- ready :-)
Q. I have 800xl/600XL and my orginal keyboard stopped working
A: Desolder R2,R3 resistors. You can leave them intact in XE/XEGS