10502PC/ Sio2PC-USB / Sio2pc USB is my newest device fo every Atari 8bit.
Device works in two modes::
- Sio2PC-USB -connects the ATARI SIO port to PC/MAC computer equipped with a USB PORT, so PC acts as floppy disk drive for ATARI
- 10502PC - connects the Atari disk drive to PC computer equipped with a USB PORT, so PCcan read / backup orginal 5.25" floppies.
- PC with a free USB port (works on other platforms like MAC/LINUX)
- Any 8bit ATARI with a free SIO PORT
SIO2PC-USB mode manual:
- Make sure the new installed COM PORT number is from 1 to 4. (CLICK HERE for a short manual)
- Start ASPEQT --> TOOLS --> OPTIONS: select a proper COM number and CTS MODE --> SAVE
- Press button START SIO PERIPHERAL EMULATION in the ASPEQT window (blue plug icon at bottom right)
- Power ON ATARI with Sio2PC-USB connected and ATR/XEX file loaded in SLOT 1
PS for all ULTIMATES USERS: You can easily reach the highest speed possible selecting HIASS`s patched OS ( POKEY divisor=0)
10502PC mode manual:
- download KAFAR software (still in development) and extract to Your hard drive
- Before starting KAFAR software, close any ASPEQT process runnning in background
- Run KAFAR software (Windows 10 - RUN AS ADMIN)
- You shall see screen as follows:
- 10502PC device was set in proper mode
- Close the program and go back to KAFAR folder; new file - INI was created.
- Edit ini file with notepad; change CommandInverted string value from 0 to 1
- Connect 1050 to your ATARI disk drive
- Power on floppy disk drive, Insert floppy disk and put handle down
- START KAFAR
- If your disk drive is set to D1 number, press 1 on keybaord to read from this drive.
- Program will prompt about name and location of new ATR file.