10502PC/ Sio2PC-USB / Sio2pc USB is my newest device fo every Atari 8bit.
Device works in two modes::
- Sio2PC-USB -connects the ATARI SIO port to PC/MAC computer equipped with a USB PORT, so PC acts as floppy disk drive for ATARI
- 10502PC - connects the Atari disk drive to PC computer equipped with a USB PORT, so PCcan read / backup orginal 5.25" floppies.
- PC with a free USB port (works on other platforms like MAC/LINUX)
- Any 8bit ATARI with a free SIO PORT
SIO2PC-USB mode manual:
- Make sure the new installed COM PORT number is from 1 to 4. (CLICK HERE for a short manual)
- Start ASPEQT --> TOOLS --> OPTIONS: select a proper COM number and CTS MODE --> SAVE
- Press button START SIO PERIPHERAL EMULATION in the ASPEQT window (blue plug icon at bottom right)
- Power ON ATARI with Sio2PC-USB connected and ATR/XEX file loaded in SLOT 1
PS for all ULTIMATES USERS: You can easily reach the highest speed possible selecting HIASS`s patched OS ( POKEY divisor=0)
10502PC mode manual:
- download KAFAR software (still in development) and extract to Your hard drive
- Before starting KAFAR software, close any ASPEQT process runnning in background
- Run KAFAR software (Windows 10 - RUN AS ADMIN)
- You shall see screen as follows:
- 10502PC device was set in proper mode
- Close the program and go back to KAFAR folder; new file - INI was created.
- Edit ini file with notepad; change CommandInverted string value from 0 to 1
- Connect 1050 to your ATARI disk drive
- Power on floppy disk drive, Insert floppy disk and put handle down
- START KAFAR
- If your disk drive is set to D1 number, press 1 on keybaord to read from this drive.
- Program will prompt about name and location of new ATR file.
1. KAFAR SOFTWARE cannot detect my disk drive
Yes, it is early beta version. Disable all software running in background and try again.
2. HARDWARE MOD by HIAS / email@example.com/
this hardware mod may be necessary for some 1050 drives if they resist to work.
- 1n4148 diode
- 4,7 kOhm resistor
- desolder 13th pin /not used/
- move it to 12th position
- make connection as below