It is very smart device, designed by Jean-François DEL NERO. It allows you to emulate any 34 pins floppy disk drive. The SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator can replace different kind of floppy disk drive and allows you use SDCard media instead of floppy disk. This emulator is actually used on Amiga, Atari, CPC, PC computers, different keyboards and samplers, CNC machine tool, and scientist instruments.
The full list of supported host computer/instruments are on the project website:
http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emulator/index.html#FILESSUPPORTED or HERE
For questions and new host support request :
Technical details :
- HE10 34 pins floppy connector :
- Shugart compatible mode supported.
- PC compatible mode supported.
- Tested on PC, Atari ST, Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Thomson, MSX, ZX Spectrum series computers.
- Two floppy disk drives emulation
- 5V +/- 10% standard power floppy connector input.
- SD Card up to 2GB.
- SDHC Card supported up to 32GB.
- (10Mhz SPI bus mode. Average byterate: ~500KB/s)
- FAT32 supported. Subdirectory and long name file supported.
List of supported file images type:
- ST, MSA, ADF, ADZ, DMZ, CPC DSK (standard and extended)
- CopyQM DSK, Oric DSK, IMG, SMC,MSX DSK, IMD, Zx Spectrum DSK, BetaDisk TRD,
- BetaDisk SCL, Thomson TO8D SAP, Thomson TO8D FD, PC88 D88, x68000 HDM (beta), x68000 XDF (beta), custom raw floppy geometry…
- An AmigaDOS or FAT12 floppy disk image can also be generated from spares files.
Read / Write support:
- Track mode based floppy emulator (Full track pre-encoded in the HFE image file)
- Read support: Most of existing formats (FM/MFM/Amiga track...) supported.
- Custom tracks supported.
- Write support: ISO MFM 256/512/1024Bytes sector write supported.
- Write support available on Amiga computers
- HERE You may read about upgrading REV B to REV C
Floppy bitrate supported:
- 250/300Kbits/s (DD floppies)
- 500Kbits/s (HD floppies)
- (others bitrates possible)
Note : Variable bitrate not supported. So protected floppy disk image (IPF and STX file format) file support will be only partial ! If you look for a device supporting IPF / STX please a have a look to the USB HxC Floppy Emulator device)
Note2 : SD CARD NOT INCLUDED
- The SD HxC Floppy Emulator is tested with a lot of different models of SD Cards, and should works properly with all SD Cards present on the market. Unfortunately there are lots of fake/bad flash medias (SD Cards/CF Cards/USB keys...) on the market. We recommend you to care about the SD Card selection and also choose a good provider.To ensure you the best experience with our products and avoid issues with fake/bad SD Cards we have decided to offer you a selection of tested and certified working SD Cards.You can found this SD Cards selection there : HERE
- If You want to connect Your Floppy Emulator to Your internal floppy port, probably You will need floppy cable extension - You can find it here